"to read, to explore, to imagine ..."
Search for books in our District #105 collection.
Search for books in our District #105 eBook collection.
Pontiac Library Hours
- Hours vary from day to day and are posted on the window by the library door.
- Students are allowed to come to the library from literature class and also from study hall and recess with the attending teacher's permission.
- Rules for behavior are posted in the library. Students are expected to work or read in a quiet manner in order to promote a study atmosphere.
Pontiac Library Rules
1. Students need to work quietly in the library. There are classes going on in the computer room.
2. Students should sit at separate tables.
3. Students are allowed to check out 2 books. However only 1 new title or 1 title of a series may be checked out at one time.
4. If a student loses or damages an item, s/he is expected to pay for it in the amount of the replacement cost of the item.
5. A student may be placed in the 'One Book Club' if s/he has difficulty keeping tracking of school materials.
PONTIAC BOOK GENRE LISTS
(adventure, spy stories, adventure in distant places)
African American authors
(animal fantasy, novelized fairytales, dragons, vampires, witches, werewolves, wizards, evil geniuses, gods, demons, genies, mermaids, supernatural, paranormal, arthurian legends)
(includes wars and the Holocaust)
(time/space travel, survival after disasters, steampunk, dystopic societies)
Librarian's Pick Websites
- To make a works cited page, use: www.easybib.com